Some of the joint and associated faculty members of the centre were actively involved in value education activities outside IIT Delhi, in association with different organizations. To cite a few examples –
- Professor P.L. Dhar had organized workshops for school and college teachers on Value Inculcation through Vipassana Meditation, in association with the Vipassana International Academy, Igatpuri, and the Vipassana Sadhana Sansthan, Delhi.
- Professor R.R. Gaur had undertaken an array of interactions with IIIT Hyderabad, Somaya Vidya Vihar, Raipur, and UP Technical University. In the latter two institutions, he had helped in initiating value education activities, primarily in association with Jeevan Vidya Pratishthan. With the UPTU, Professor Gaur was leading the effort in developing the curriculum for their package on Education in Human Values, preparing teaching / learning material and training of teachers to deliver the package to the students.
- Professor V.M. Chariar had conducted workshops both for academic institutions and corporate organizations, on Creativity and Leadership, in association with the Tej Gyan Foundation.
Programmes organized by the Vivekananda Study Circle
- “Science of Yoga” by Swami Ishwarananda [MBBS and MD, in-charge of Yogoda Satsanga Ashram (Noida)], Aug 2016.
- Meditation Workshop by Swami Ishwarananda [MBBS and MD, in-charge of Yogoda Satsanga Ashram (Noida)], Oct 2016.
- “PROXIMITY AND HEIGHT IN BHAKTI” by Dr. Milind Wakankar (HSS, IITD and author of a book on bhakti), Nov 2016.
- “Sufism: A Path of Love” by Mr. R. K.Gupta[ex-IRS officer, former Chairman of Settlement Commission (Customsand Central Excise) and author of “Autobiography of a Sufi”], Jan 2017.
- Yoga workshop by Mr. Vijay Kumar [trainedHatha Yoga teacher from Isha Hatha Yoga School under guidance ofSadhguru Jaggi Vasudev], Feb 2017.
- “Youth and Truth”, A talk by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, Mar 2017.
Regular Yoga Classes for campus residents:
In August 2014, NRCVEE joined Board for Sports Activities (BSA) for starting regular yoga sessions in the morning as well as evening by trained yoga instructors. To ensure seriousness in the participants, these classes are paid with monthly registration. The classes have been running for more than three years now.
Gandhi Jayanti Celebrations
Since 2012, Dean of Students’ office and NRCVEE have bene jointly organising the institute function on October 2. The salient features of the Gandhi Jayanti celebrations in 2016 were as follows:
- Bhajans and Sadbhavana Geet by institute community including students, staff and families of staff and faculty.
- Recognition of the work by the cleaning staff of the institute by presenting coupons of Rs 500 each to selected 30 contractual staff. These coupons could be used at the Khadi Gramodyog (KVIC) shop in the IITD campus.
- Fancy dress competition on the theme Gandhi in Me
Organisation of International Yoga Day
On June 21, 2017, the third International Day of the Yoga was organised by IITD. NRCVEE was given the main responsibility for planning the same and it was implemented with the help of Wellness Club, IIT-Delhi. Though it was vacation period at IITD, several events were organised and were well-attended. One month regular Yoga practice sessions were organised in with the help from a qualified Yoga instructor trained at Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga. At IIT Delhi the following events were organised: (All the events were bilingual to help all the campus residents to get the benefit of the same)
Pre Yoga-Day Events
- One month daily Yoga camp for residents of IIT-Delhi.
- Art of Happiness Workshop by Brahamkumaris
- Om Cafe a workshop for students
- Morning Yoga & Meditation program on the morning of 21st June 2017.
- Children’s Special Yoga program for children of campus residents.
- Yoga & Health Exhibition on Health benefits of Yoga.
- Talk on Yoga & Health.
- Musical Expression of Bhakti Yoga, a devotional musical performance featuring performance of sufi and bhakti music
- Yoga Dance, a dance based on Yoga Asanas by the students of IIT-Delhi.
- Two one day workshops on “Mindfulness Meditation” were organised during the period in collaboration with SPIC MACAY: In February 2017 and September 2017. These workshops are very well attended by students, staff and faculty and are very well received.
- A Discussion group for faculty inclined towards introspection and inner transformation was started in the end of March 2016 with the special initiative of Dr. Kushal Shah. Now Dr. Amit K Jain is coordinating this group. A series of informal discussions have been held so far on various topics.
- One-Day Workshop entitled “Hind Swaraj: Contemporary Relevance”was held to commemorate the centenary of the seminal work of Gandhiji on November 2, 2009. The workshop brought together students, faculty, voluntary organizations and practitioners of the Gandhian Method who shared their experiences under five themes of Crafts, Energy, Sanitation, Textiles and Transportation.
- NRCVEE and IIT Delhi Alumni Association organized a Round Table on Evolving a fresh approach to learning of Vision, Wisdom and Valueson 22nd October 2009.
- Gandhi Jayanti 2009: Video lecture on “Science, Religion and Spirituality”by Sh. Sraddalu Ranade of Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry.
- Buddha Purnima 2008: “Buddha – The Super Scientist of Mind”a video lecture by Acharya Sh. S.N. Goenka.
- Workshop on “Social Volunteering & Spirit of Service”with Er Gopi Krishan Bali, CEO, AADITYA.
- Workshop on “Impersonal Leadership: Learning from Gandhi”with Trainer Nitin, Corporate Training Division, Tej Gyan Foundation;
- National Convention on Value Education through Jeevan Vidyawas held on 22-24 May, 2007 at IIT Delhi. It was organized jointly by: IIT Kanpur, IIIT Hyderabad and IIT Delhi. The inaugural session was attended by His Excellency the President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Gandhi Jayanti Celebrations 2006: A video discourse on “Satya ka Agraha – Satyagraha”by Tejguru Sirshree.
Workshops for Students
NRCVEE organized several workshops on experiential techniques for self development. A few selected workshops are listed here –
- NRCVEE and Tej Gyan Foundation organized a one-day experiential Creativity and InnovationWorkshop with Mr. Mukesh Mulchandani, CTO, Zentestlabs, Pune on November 14, 2009
- NSS and NRCVEE jointly organized an Experiential Workshop on “Integrated Leadership”on 4th April 2009.
- One-day Experiential Workshop “Self-Encounter”was organized by Tej Gyan Foundation on 9th November 2008
- A half-day Experiential Workshop Introduction to“Self-Encounter Intensive” was organized on 9th August 2008.
- As part of NSS Youth Week, NRCVEE and NSS jointly organized a 2-day “Self-Encounter Intensive”on 13th and 14th January 2007.
- A lecture-cum-practice session on “Meditation for Enlightened Living (Anapana-Sati Meditation)”by Bramharishi Subhash Patri Ji.
- An Introductory Session on “Sahaja Yoga Meditation”by Gen. V.K. Kapoor (Retd.) & Mr. John Fischer.
- A talk-cum-demonstration on “Holistic Health through Yoga and Meditation”by Yogacharya D.K. Mehta.
- A workshop on “Art of Mind Control”by ISKCON.
- Face to Facewith Mr. Vijay Saluja, IITD alumnus, Retired Chief Engineer of NDMC, who fought corruption throughout his career, with success, and won several awards including Red and White Bravery Award in 2002.
- An interactive session with Mr T S Ananthu “Life at Navadarshanam: Living in Harmony with Man and Nature”
- Several workshops on themes such as “Self-Encounter Intensive”and “Integrated Leadership” and follow-up workshops for initiated students were organized in association with Tej Gyan Foundation
- Once every semester, one-day Anapana Meditationworkshops are organized in collaboration with SPICMACAY for the students of IIT Delhi.