Mind, meditation and human values – A scientific perspective October 21 – 25th 2019 at IIT Delhi
- About the workshop – The five-day workshop was conducted in October 2019 with an overarching objective of undertaking the exploration of mind through the disciplines of yoga and meditation and their relationship with modern contemplative neuroscience and neurophenomenology. The workshop explored first person perspective as well as third person perspective vis-à-vis science of yoga and meditation, neurophenomenology, and human values. The workshop had several distinct features. First, it brought together a number of world-renowned experts on topics under consideration. These experts enriched the workshop through their in-depth theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Few prominent experts were Dr Richard Davidson, Dr BN Gangadhar, Dr Stephen Parker (Stomaji), Dr Ramesh Mavathur, Dr Arviva Berkovich Ohana, Professor Rahul Garg, Professor MR Ravi, and Dr Ramesh Bijlani. The experts provided a unique amalgamation of modern and ancient perspectives on yoga, meditation, and values. Second, it offered firsthand experience of methods to manage mind and body using yoga and meditation. Please visit the following link to know more about the workshop.
Several Panel discussions involving students have been organized by NRCVEE over the years to sensitize the student community towards values. A few of these are listed here –
- ‘Honesty Used to be the Best Policy’
- Gandhi Jayanti Panel Discussion: ‘Is Gandhiji Relevant in 21st Century?’.
- ‘Student Teacher Relationship’
- ‘Ethics in Science & Technology’
- Gandhi Jayanti Panel Discussion: ‘Energy, Ecology and Equity’: The panel also comprised of Arun Kr Panibaba (grassroots water activist and campaigner for vernacular knowledge), Ravi Gulati (alumnus of IIM Ahmedabad & founder of a path breaking alternative school MANZIL) & Dr Neelam (Dept of Social Work, Jamia Millia Islamia).